Thursday, March 05, 2020

Thursday, March 5, 2020

A Lifetime of Thanks

Read: Psalm 121

When you get to the upper end of the age scale, it doesn't take Thanksgiving Day to make you realize there have been so many things to be thankful for in your life time. I didn't know at the time I met Shirley that there was Divine Intervention at play. As I look back, God has been taking care of me and directing my path to the point where I can't think of "enemies" or great misfortunes that have beset me.

Maybe not exactly a charmed life, but one of great joy. Wonderful experiences for a life time crowned with a perfect wife and children. No one is more blessed and has more to be thankful for than I.

Thank you God!

Jack van Becelaere

Signs of a Great Day

Read: Lamentations 3:21-25

As I sit here this morning the sun is lighting up the trunk of the maple tree in the back yard. The sun comes up every morning – the maple tree is there every day – but on mornings when the trunk is lit up I take it as the sign of a great day.

This morning I was checking the bandage on my right thumb to see if any blood seeped through in the night. Answer – no. My first thought was – "Thank you God." Then I wondered if I had done my part all the while looking out at the tree. As I was entertaining those thoughts – the light on the tree brightened. I took that as a sign that I had! A meteorologist might have another explanation – but I'm not one so I don't have to listen to that rot!

Jack van Becelaere

No comments: