Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday, March 23, 2020

Musicionary
(audio version)
Read: Psalm 96:1-4

The word has obvious meaning – and is attributed all the way back to Martin Luther. I was honored to be part of church music three times. Each time I was listed as Jack van Becelaere. In truth it should have been "The Jack van Becelaere Trio." While I was the only one seen, God and Shirley were on my shoulders. No way I could have done that by myself.

The lesson to be learned from that is God can help out no matter the task. During the days of practice I did much better when I said a prayer before starting. God must know I am fighting a lack of natural ability, and knows I need Him. I know He is busy with many large concerns, but He seems to find time for something as mundane as my playing the guitar.

Thank you God.

Jack van Becelaere

No comments: