Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28, 2009

Oh Darn

Read: Luke 10:38-42

My wife, the lovely and gracious JeriLynn, is a homemaking genius, Martha Stewart's got nothing on her. I could give her a paper bag full of grass clippings and she'll turn it into the most beautiful centerpiece you've ever seen.

When we were courting though, I didn't know this, and one day I inadvertently tested her. A guy like me needs a woman of superb domestic prowess.

In the winter I always wear 100% wool socks. The heels of the socks tend to wear thin too quickly for my liking. One day I asked her if she would darn a pair of my socks.

Without a second's hesitation she said, "Of course I will." She lovingly took the pair of socks, walked over to the wastebasket, dropped them in it, turned to look at me, and said, "Oh darn." I knew I had a keeper.


Lord, thank you for sending me a keeper, and for giving me the sense to recognize it.

Ron Draper (from March 1, 2004)

No comments: