Tuesday, March 06, 2018

March 06, 2018

In My Heart

Creative writing is not at the top of my list of strengths. It can make me a little anxious. This day, however, I promised myself that I would find something to share. Ironically the daily devotion I read today started with this, "Come to Me, and rest in My loving presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you." Now my trial is minor, but it sure hit the mark for me.

Browsing through other devotion books for inspiration I almost immediately flipped to a page about friends and family. The bells rung and the stars twinkled. As I read about loving families and trustworthy friends being treasures from God, I was warmed by the thoughts of how my GPUMC friends are also part of my extended family in my heart. While I miss going to a grandparent's or another family home for Sunday afternoons, I do get very similar feelings in just coming to church on Sunday morning. I am blessed and enriched by all those God has placed in my path. I praise God for my family and friends.

Prayer: Dear God, Thank you for my family and friends. As these folks are gifts from You, let me treasure them. Let my love for You be reflected in my genuine love for them. Let me remember that some of the best times in life are those shared with others. Amen

As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27: 17

Beth Blunden

No comments: