Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March 21, 2018

Let Go and Let God

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” –Philippians 4:13

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where suddenly you must, or maybe even agreed previously, to do something you had never done before and never thought about? Even more challenging was the fact that immediate action was necessary. There was no time for any forethought or time to lay out a plan.

This situation has presented itself to me more than once, most recently after accepting a new important retirement activity which was unlike anything I have ever done. Totally unprepared – nothing outlined, researched, or thought about prior to the time the action was necessary, my mind raced – someone was counting on me to handle a situation. Almost in a panic mode, even though I know God is always present, I kept uttering Philippians 4:13 to calm my nerves and acquire a positive, peaceful mind. Only then could I proceed. It was zero time and action was necessary. Suddenly, I felt a peace come over me and during the prayer part of the action – not my words, but His comforting words of support came from my mouth.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for always being in my/our lives, supporting and giving wisdom to handle all situations at hand, even though we do not always ask for your guidance. Thank you again for giving me wisdom to say the appropriate things at the right time. Forgive me for not always asking for and feeling your presence when all I needed to do was to "let go and let God.” Amen.

Carolyn Barth

No comments: