Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March 13, 2018

Thankful for Family

Read: Psalm 84:1-4

When our children were young we spent most Easters at my home in Kentucky with my brothers and sisters and their children from several different parts of the country.

On Easter Sunday, everyone went to church together (we took up several pews), then home for a large dinner and Easter egg hunt with all the cousins.

After my Father died, the brothers and sisters still gathered at least once in the summer at my Mother’s house. When my Mother died four years later, my sister said, “It will never be the same, as no one will come back here.”

So we all talked about that and decided to rent cottages at different Kentucky State Parks so we could all be together. We did that for ten years until everyone got too old to travel.

We had so much fun just visiting, talking, playing cards, eating, and singing hymns every night. (My Grandfather was choir director at his church and my brothers inherited his voice – not me!)

When Easter comes, it brings back great memories. Try to keep in touch with friends and family, and thank God for all of them.

Sara Wooton

No comments: