Monday, April 08, 2019

April 08, 2019

Thankfulness Series, Entry 4
Not all that Glitters is Gold; Not all who Wander are Lost; the Old that is Strong does not Wither; Deep Roots are not touched by the Frost! Bilbo Baggins
There’s a lot of truth in that passage, so much so that I’ve kept it in the forefront of my fertile mind for more than 30 years. I think part of it is that human bonds have a way of enduring even if people may not interact for some time, even after years or decades pass an old friend may just show up when you need one most.
I have 2 such friends, Steve and Danny. After many years of growing up we lost the contact we had in school, then we reconnected at church. Funny, but it was as though time stood still. When I needed a helping hand, Steve came and fixed all number of things to help me around the house. Danny came and drove me many times and took me into their home and helped me cope.
People I hadn’t seen in years started showing up to help Jeri and me. It’s as though somehow the world wanted us to succeed and the Lord sent an army of Angels in the form of friends to make sure it happened.
Now when I say the Lord’s Prayer, I have a vision, or a dream, it plays on the back of my eyelids, you’re all in there and somehow the Lord’s hand is waving over all of us, it’s like a wave of approval. When I close my eyes and pray now, that’s what I see.


Ron Draper

No comments: