Friday, April 19, 2019

April 19, 2019 - Good Friday

Why Wait for Morning?
Psalm 30:5b Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
One night, I was woken up at 3 AM. I was so confused because what had woke me up were several birds chirping beautiful melodies outside my bedroom window. I checked my clock again and it really was 3 AM. Frustrated, I rolled over and did my best to go back to sleep. This not only happened one night but several nights in a row! I told a friend at the time about these annoying cheerful birds and my friend asked me if I had asked God what it was all about. I hadn’t even thought to do that. Later that night, 3 AM rolled around and those same birds woke me up again. I asked God why the birds were chirping even when it was still dark outside. To my amazement, I got my answer! God spoke so gently to my heart and said, “They are anticipating the morning.”
These small birds KNEW morning was coming even while it was still dark outside. They were anticipating the goodness of the morning and couldn’t wait to sing praises to our Lord!
Maybe there is something we can learn from these birds. Even though we may be going through a difficult time, we can anticipate what the Lord is doing in the midst of it and sing His praise. Joy will truly come in the morning. Why not experience it now?


Wendi Lenard

No comments: