Monday, April 15, 2019

April 15, 2019

Thankfulness Series, Entry 5
I wrote the first 4 stories so I could write you this one. Tonight, I took two photographs, I wish this were a photo capable book so I could show them to you. The first is Jeri on a beach watching the sunset in the West over the Gulf of Mexico. The second, taken moments later, is her facing East watching the full moon rise over the Intercoastal Waterway. She can navigate a sand beach with my help, something that was only a pipe dream a few years ago. We go there to praise God and His many wondrous works. She can also run a twin-engine sport fishing boat with my eyes helping her.
She still needs help with pretty much all activities of daily living, but we’re living. The Lord made us all so we can adapt. And one day out of nowhere in particular we realized, things are better.
I don’t know if anyone’s ever been on the Church Prayer List for 6 years and then survived and recovered enough to be taken off it, but lately I’ve been thinking it’s time for us to move on and make room for others in difficult positions. Prayer is a funny thing, I can’t quantify it, but I know with every cell of my being that it works in ways nothing else can. There’s nowhere you can go in our home and not be under the watchful eye of the dozens of Angels that started showing up in various hospital rooms. We’ve been told many times how we help inspire people in pain or discomfort and so I put in our request to be removed from the Prayer List to make room for them. I hope you’re never on it, but if you ever need help, a Prayer List is the biggest tool in the box.


Ron Draper

No comments: