Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Coffee Hour

Read: Acts 2:41-42

I love being in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings, seeing all the familiar and some new faces.
The music is so beautiful and the traditions are so reassuring. I meet my same pew partners and whisper a few updates before the service begins. The "method" in the Methodism is always predictable and then the sermon begins. I try to concentrate on the message, and my favorites are always about taking care of "the least" of these. The service ends – and church begins for me during "Coffee Hour".

Arriving in the Great Hall I am greeted by and greet so many church friends. Then the real giving begins. In the last few years my husband has faced some unbelievable medical challenges, and by this I mean numerous "rare" and crazy conditions. I approach someone who I think can help us with our zinger, and suddenly I am surrounded by professionals of every specialty who reassure me and send me on to another person who might have some advice. It is incredible how this can happen in a simple coffee hour. We have been offered so much hope and love from these church folks that I am sure there must be divine intervention at play. In a really good coffee experience, I hope that I have been able to reciprocate and have spoken words to meet someone else's challenge.

Thank God for coffee hour – and Church too!
 
Sharon Burkett


Lending a Helping Hand

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. - Galatians 6:2

My husband tells me I'm technically challenged, and he's about right. I can do very little with the computer. I took a few lessons, but I never got really efficient.

Most of the appointment times to get a vaccination for the corona virus can only be made by using the computer. Thankfully, my card playing friend's daughter knew my dilemma, so she called and said she found a portal if I had an Ascension physician. In about three minutes I had an appointment.

I was very thankful, but I said, “My friend is having trouble getting an appointment because he has hand tremors and has much difficulty using his computer. Can you see about an appointment for him?”

In another three minutes she had appointments for both him and his wife.

We were all so grateful for young people who take their time to help the older generation.

Sara Wooton

No comments: