Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Turn About

“Carry each other’s burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ” – Galatians 6:2

“And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” - Hebrews 13:16


It was probably the summer of 2017. I was in the Kroger parking lot when I noticed some people trying to load some patio-like furniture into their CAR. It wouldn’t fit. After watching a little while I offered to help by loading some of it in my Terrain (SUV) and following them home.

No surprise, they were apprehensive about loading their stuff in a stranger’s car and hoping they would see it again. The trip was not a long one, and no doubt they were happy when it was over with me, and their stuff, there.

Strange twist – one of them was living in a house that had belonged to our daughter, Jacki, and her family.

Strange twist of faith? Just before Christmas of 2019, I was trying to load the box with my new Christmas tree into my Buick convertible. The top wouldn’t go down because it was too cold, so I couldn’t put it in the back seat, and was struggling to put it in the front.

Lo and behold! – a guy watching my struggle came over to help. He realized it wouldn’t fit (not enough head room) so he offered to follow me home with the tree in his TERRAIN!

All the time since I helped those strangers, I felt I was ahead of the game. Now I have been brought back to even.

The great hope is that more instances will occur so I can once again be ahead of the game. I have to rely on God since I have no control over it!

Jack van Becelaere

No comments: