Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Long Lines

Read: Matthew 25:33-40

While on my first "COVID" trip to Kroger and after searching for necessary items on my list – accidentally up the down aisle and down the up aisle – I had already given up on the unnecessary items. I finally rounded the corner of the last aisle and headed for the check-out area. I was glad to see that it didn’t look busy because I was exhausted, wanting only to check out and leave.

That's when I heard myself give a loud sigh, or more like a snort of frustration, which surprised me and probably those nearby standing in long lines down every aisle waiting for the check-out – likely without many items they came in for, as was I.

Those lines reminded me of war-torn countries with people standing in long lines hoping to get food – even a loaf of bread – only to be turned away.

And then I thought of those right here who stand in line for a meal or a bag of food to feed their families.

The experience at Kroger made me remember how fortunate I am, even when standing in long lines.

I felt God speaking to me, “Feed the Poor.”

Rebecca Heike

No comments: