Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Easing My Mind

Read: Job 33:14-18

I guess you could say I had a vision. The other day I was sitting with my eyes closed, half asleep, half awake when I saw Shirley sitting in a chair to my right. She looked great like it was 30 or 40 years ago. It reminded me of lines in a song – "If I could see you just one time, Oh how it'd ease my troubled mind." I opened my eyes and she wasn't there. At first I looked around to see where she went – and then I thought – Oh yeah.

Now I wonder if that was something in my head, or if it was God's way of easing my mind by telling me she is fine. (Charlie and Jacki think the latter) She was not fine in her last few days at home. She was frail ever getting frailer! I suppose the good news is that God took her and made her well. She was ready to go, her vote counted and ours didn't. She got relief and we got grief. No one said this would be easy, but we have to do the best we can since this is God's will.

God gave me her to lean on, and now it's a test to see if I can make it on my own. I thank God each day for my many blessings. Some days it's hard, but I shouldn't complain after the more than 60 years we had together.

Jack van Becelaere

No comments: