Saturday, February 24, 2007

April 3, 2007

Reflection

Read: Colossians 3:12-17

It happened no particular Sunday morning, not too long ago, that I was sitting in the infant nursery and I started to think about where I was and how I had gotten there, in that nursery. I realized that this church has cultivated so much of my personality and virtues.

For starters, if it wasn’t for this church and the people in it, to be more specific, I probably wouldn’t have gotten into babysitting, at least not to the extent that I have. And babysitting has not only made up a good portion of my income throughout these last 6 years of my life, but has also driven me to develop a range of skills and qualities which have helped me find my footing in this world.

There’s also the work camps and, now, VIM which have given me an outlet for my need to feel like I’ve contributed to the world and my fellow people. These trips have also given me experiences that not a whole lot of people my age have had.

A whole plethora of other things have happened to me here, have shaped who I am. This congregation has left so many marks on me, making me so unique; kind of like the moon, I’m a natural satellite. I’m showing the world what I have become; bouncing the light you give to me, to them.

Thank you for your light.

Emily Stowell

No comments: