Saturday, February 24, 2007

March 27, 2007

Holey Ones

Read: Luke 11:37-42

I didn’t have much time I remember. It was the beginning of summer and I thought I had missed out on a great opportunity. But no sooner I found a new one with friends. And no later I realized that I hadn’t missed out at all. I talked to Russell and George about what I could bring to the clinic and they both agreed.

And then I asked you you remember. You were there. I still have it written down in my journal that Pastor Shipley gave to me. I asked my congregation - my family my friends -for socks and hopefully not holey ones right? You came through with about three hundred.

On the way there he remembers. Interstate ninety four and Beaubien, I saw a man in a wheelchair with a sign and one foot. What did it say - it didn’t matter - it wasn’t written down. We gave him two pairs of socks and he said, “God bless you”, I said the same.

I cried so hard - I remember. Harder than I ever have in a long time. Thank you for giving, thank you for supporting, thank you for being. In my life.

For food, for raiment
For life, for opportunity
For friendship and fellowship
We thank thee, O Lord.

Paul Thomas

No comments: