Saturday, February 24, 2007

March 13, 2007

Do I Have To?

Read: Matthew 21:28-32

The first thing that came to my mind when I woke up on Sunday mornings was what do I have to do to get out of church and would my plan work; that was before I realized that church wasn’t so bad after all.

Maybe I would have realized this before, if I had actually tried listening to the sermon. The thing that I thought was the most boring was the sermon. They seemed so long and pointless, but had I actually listened to one? I mean sure, I showed up and sat there during the sermon, but most of the time I was doodling on the bulletin.

Once Confirmation started and I had to go to church I made it a goal to look at church in a fun way, not the kind of fun like I would get up early and start jumping around because I was going to church, but more like I don’t try to get out of going to church and don’t dread listening to the sermon.

Once I actually started listening to the sermon and trying to understand what was being read, I figured out that the sermons weren’t so boring and church isn’t so bad.

McKenzie Pearce

No comments: