Saturday, February 24, 2007

March 10, 2007

The Rest of the Story

Matthew 6: 34 “Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

I like to read the Upper Room. (Actually I prefer the GPUMC Lenten Devotion Book, but it doesn’t last long enough.) I realized after reading one of the devotions that I felt like I needed a sequel – or next week’s episode… In fact I realized that every once in awhile there is a devotional cliffhanger. Somebody forgave a friend in hopes that someday…. Somebody chose to rely on God to heal a family member… Somebody rejoiced in small triumphs and the beauty of each day as they battled cancer… What happened? Did the friend come back? Did the family member survive? Is the cancer in remission?

As we go through the rough patches in life sometimes we realize that it’s not what happens in the end that really matters. I may not know the specifics of what happened to the writers from the Upper Room, but I do know that God was with them, and maybe more importantly they knew He was with them. I don’t know the specifics of what will happen next for me either, but I know God is with me too.

Jesus said that if God will feed the birds and clothe the lilies, how much more will he care for you. He knows what you need. He’ll take care of you. So – while I may not know exactly how each story ends, I know that for all of us who love God and include him in our lives the stories will end happily ever after. How could they not when God is there?

Thought for the day: Just like any parent would want to take care of his/her children, God wants to care for you.


Prayer: Dear God, Thank you for watching out for us, and taking care of our needs.

Jacki Rumpp

No comments: