Thursday, March 16, 2023

March 16, 2023

Perfect Timing

“Wait for the Lord be strong, and let your heart take courage, Wait for the Lord!” Psalm 27:14

I must admit not only am I a worrier, I am short on patience. Since being hit by the criminal in a police chase in 1990 when my husband ended up with a broken back and no longer could work, I always expect the worst.

In 2014 my son went from a simple sore throat to sepsis and his whole body shut down. His lungs and kidneys failed, both legs clotted, and his sugar went from normal to 1800+. All the doctors but one said to pull the plug. Our family doctor handed his care over to that one, a surgeon. His lungs and kidneys came back after five months in intensive care, and his sugar went back to normal. Those five months took most of my patience. I made decisions about his coma, blood transfusions, having all his teeth pulled before any amputations, etc. He was awake before they took his leg, most of the other foot, and did skin grafts. He has since become a diabetic after an infection.

Needless to say dealing with a handicapped son who went from being an independent person living alone to depending on his mom a lot does not make him happy. He already had AD/HD, seizures, behavior problems, and a hearing loss; but he had been able to always help my husband and me with household repairs. He still tries to do as much as he can from his wheelchair. During this same time my husband passed away after simple hernia surgery. My dealing with a handicapped person with multiple medical problems is not always easy. All the doctor appointments, wound changes, and his behavior try what little patience I have. I pray for patience regularly but I also need to remember my son is God's true miracle. I was at the point where I was ready to write his obituary – and I still have him here.

When I pray for patience, health, love, finances, etc. I always think God should answer me right away. And sometimes He answers so quickly, it amazes me. My irregular heartbeat is gone after years, my Crohn's disease is in remission, and my kidney numbers are improving. Being on the Church prayer list has helped, plus having a close and dear friend, Glenn DeLodder, who makes me laugh regularly!

I think we all want God to be like the Post Office and deliver overnight, but some miracles take time. I've come to realize that things don't happen on our time. They happen in GPT – God's Perfect Timing. Keep trusting, praying, hoping and believing!

Nancy M. Kramer (Virtual Worshiper)

No comments: