Friday, March 03, 2023

March 3, 2023

2 Pastors, a Blown Fuse, and a Christmas Cold Snap – Part 1 of 3

Read: Ephesians 2:17-22

Not long before Christmas we received a very nice Christmas card from the Eardley family. I asked the Lovely & Gracious JeriLynn which family member it was that found us, since I didn’t recognize the name. We puzzled over it a minute, then I recognized the return address as the Parsonage. Having solved the mystery, we were both very happy to have been included in the inaugural Christmas card mailing for our new Pastor and family. We displayed it in a place of honor and enjoyed reading the message.

About the same time, we received another Christmas card from the Witness Committee at the Church. This one included 2 little flexible pieces of clear plastic with concentric circles on them. They were magnifying glasses. Last time I had a magnifying glass it was a round piece of glass with a metal handle and we used them to start little fires of pine needles and to fry ants on the sidewalk in the sunlight. (Kids nowadays have no clue to the fun we had with simple things.)

Hmmmm, a rather peculiar thing to include with a Christmas card I thought, and so I put them back in their card next to the Pastor’s card for safe keeping and hopefully remember them if I ever need one. Over the next few days, however, my memory had me putting them in the Pastor’s card. This is all rather boring and insignificant but keep it in mind when you read the much anticipated, ever-exiting, forthcoming, Part 2. (coming March 10)

Ron Draper

No comments: