Wednesday, March 22, 2023

March 22, 2023

God Will Help You

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
 He rescues them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
 He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. - Psalm 34: 17-18

When I was 24 years old, my 21-year-old brother died in his sleep from an undiagnosed heart condition. His death was the most horrific and indescribable thing I can imagine, and the grief I felt was all-consuming and overwhelming. He was my best friend, and I didn’t think I could go on without him.

I was broken-hearted, and indeed my spirit was crushed. I was struggling to make sense of it, but over time I began to understand that Chip’s passing meant that I needed to live my life to the fullest, and live a life that he would be proud of.

I asked God for help, and as time passed he strengthened me to take up the mantle and help others and not waste a minute of time I’m given.

Even though it may seem like God sometimes isn’t listening, if you live a life full of meaning and compassion and righteousness, God will rescue your spirit and help you make it through.

David Switzer

No comments: