Wednesday, March 08, 2023

March 8, 2023

It’s a Win

Read: Jeremiah 31:13

Christine Caine received a cancer diagnosis and said to her doctor, “Well, one of three things will happen: God will cure me, medical treatment will cure me, or I will die and God will take me Home (and I’ll be cured). Either way, it’s a win.”

Her words struck me because of their simple truth. It’s replacing fear with faith and trust in God’s plan. I thought of these courageous words so many times as my husband, Bill, battled pancreatic cancer. They brought comfort and reassurance in a time of immense worry and despair.

While a terminal illness often pulls us closer to God, it isn’t a faith walk we choose as followers of Christ. What does resonate is the glaring truth that becomes so clear when everything else that matters is stripped away. God loves us and will be with us no matter what we face. Our challenge is to trust and give our desire for control to Him. As Christine Caine said, “Either way, it’s a win.”

Prayer: Gracious God, we trust in your wisdom and ask for your love and comfort to surround us in times of challenge. Give us peace, and in knowing you may we find a true path to salvation.
Amen

Marcia Wright

No comments: