Saturday, March 25, 2023

March 25, 2023

Walking

Read Acts 3:9 and 2 Corinthians 5:7

I walk a lot.

Walking gives me time to zone out and tune in, reflect, pray, ponder and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. It’s one of the reliable “cheering-myself-up” activities that I practice regularly. And my dog Sassy loves it too!
It’s also a great way to connect with God.

I love walking trails, paths, circular hikes and also hike-in/hike-out because things look so different coming from the other direction. Any weather is good – sometimes the worse the weather, the better the walk. It invigorates me to feel the cold air, breathe in the raindrops and it’s always heavenly to feel the sun on my face.

Most often I walk neighborhood sidewalks and it always strikes me – the way that the sidewalk looks, stretching out in front of me, and stretching out behind me. Sometimes there are four or six directions at a crossroad. And that makes me think about life.

How nice it would be, it seems to me, if life stretched out ahead of me. A clear path, easy to follow, no worries about dips or detours. But life feels like a zig-zag line, obstacles ahead, with unknown encounters. Usually not so straight and obvious.

That makes me SO GRATEFUL for faith. For God walking that curvy, bumpy path with me. I’m never alone! And when I don’t know the way, God knows. It makes me smile as I continue to explore my town, my world, my faith in my wonderful God.


If you can, take a walk today with God.

Anne Sullivan

No comments: