Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18, 2015

Footprints
Read: Psalm 25

Four years ago when I was in England with the Senior High Youth Group was when I first saw this story, and I think it is a valuable one for everyone:

One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other one to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand and to his surprise he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He realized that this was at the very lowest and saddest times of his life.... This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about his dilemma, "Lord, You told me that when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life, there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I needed You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never ever during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."


This is one story that has always meant a lot to me. When I sometimes feel like giving up on everything and throwing in the towel, I just read this story and I immediately feel at ease. I don't think this message could ever get old. Whenever you may think that things could not get much worse or you are feeling alone, there is peace because as long as you have God in your heart, you are never alone.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

Katie Broom

No comments: