Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 26, 2015

A Light to My Path
Read: Canticle of Light and Darkness (UM Hymnal #205)

A new day has dawned for our crazy dog, Toby. I have gone back to work, and he is adjusting to a different schedule (as am I).

Since I was feeling incredibly guilty that he is now home alone so much, I decided that he needed two walks a day. This means getting up at 6AM for the early morning hike. As I am not typically an early riser, I was surprised and dismayed to discover that in the winter-time it is still dark at 6AM. This can be rather treacherous with black ice on uneven sidewalks, not to mention half-opened eyes. I’ve come to rely on a small flashlight to shine on the pavement in front of me.

It got me thinking of the way that we, as Christians, rely on the light of Christ to guide our steps when the going gets rough. With Christ’s light to guide us, we can always safely navigate the dark times in our lives – no batteries required.

Sue DeWitt

No comments: